Updating the database of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) is an ongoing process.
Recent laws may not yet be included in the ILCS database, but they are found on this site as Public
soon after they become law. For information concerning the relationship between statutes and Public Acts, refer to the
Because the statute database is maintained primarily for legislative drafting purposes,
statutory changes are sometimes included in the statute database before they take effect.
If the source note at the end of a Section of the statutes includes a Public Act that has
not yet taken effect, the version of the law that is currently in effect may have already
been removed from the database and you should refer to that Public Act to see the changes
made to the current law.
(410 ILCS 225/6)
(from Ch. 111 1/2, par. 7026)
(a) Covered services under the program may
include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
(1) Laboratory services related to a recipient's
pregnancy, performed or ordered by a physician, advanced practice registered nurse, or physician assistant.
(2) Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted
(3) Prenatal visits to a physician in the physician's
office, an advanced practice registered nurse in the advanced practice registered nurse's office, a physician assistant in the physician assistant's office, or to a hospital outpatient prenatal clinic, local health department maternity clinic, or community health center.
(4) Radiology services which are directly related to
the pregnancy, are determined to be medically necessary and are ordered by a physician, an advanced practice registered nurse, or a physician assistant.
(5) Pharmacy services related to the pregnancy.
(6) Other medical consultations related to the
(7) Physician, advanced practice registered nurse,
physician assistant, or nurse services associated with delivery.
(8) One postnatal office visit within 60 days after
(9) Two EPSDT-equivalent screenings for the infant
within 90 days after birth.
(10) Social and support services.
(11) Nutrition services.
(12) Case management services.
(b) The following services shall not be covered under the program:
(1) Services determined by the Department not to be
(2) Services not directly related to the pregnancy,
except for the 2 covered EPSDT-equivalent screenings.
(3) Hospital inpatient services.
(4) Anesthesiologist and radiologist services during
a period of hospital inpatient care.
(5) Physician, advanced practice registered nurse,
and physician assistant hospital visits.
(6) Services considered investigational or
(Source: P.A. 100-513, eff. 1-1-18