|Public Act 101-0449|
|HB0210 Enrolled||LRB101 04999 SLF 50008 b|
AN ACT concerning criminal law.
Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois,
represented in the General Assembly:
The Unified Code of Corrections is amended by
adding Section 3-2-2.3 as follows:
(730 ILCS 5/3-2-2.3 new)
Tamms Minimum Security Unit Task Force.
(a) The Tamms Minimum Security Unit Task Force is created
to study using the Tamms Minimum Security Unit as a vocational
training facility for the Department of Corrections. The
membership of the Task Force shall include:
(1) one member to serve as chair, appointed by the
(2) one member of the House of Representatives
appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives;
(3) one member of the House of Representatives
appointed by the Minority Leader of the House of
(4) one member of the Senate appointed by the Senate
(5) one member of the Senate appointed by the Senate
(6) the Director of Corrections or his or her designee;
(7) one member of a labor organization representing a
plurality of Department of Corrections employees;
(8) one member representing Shawnee Community College,
appointed by the President of Shawnee Community College;
(9) one member representing Southern Illinois
University, appointed by the President of Southern
(10) the mayor of Tamms, Illinois; and
(11) one member representing Alexander County,
appointed by the Chairman of the Alexander County Board.
(b) Each member of the Task Force shall serve without
compensation. The members of the Task Force shall select a
Chairperson. The Task Force shall meet 2 times per year or at
the call of the Chairperson. The Department of Corrections
shall provide administrative support to the Task Force.
(c) The Task Force shall submit a report to the Governor
and the General Assembly on or before December 31, 2020 with
its recommendations. The Task Force is dissolved on January 1,
(d) This Section is repealed on January 1, 2022.