Updating the database of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) is an ongoing process.
Recent laws may not yet be included in the ILCS database, but they are found on this site as Public
soon after they become law. For information concerning the relationship between statutes and Public Acts, refer to the
Because the statute database is maintained primarily for legislative drafting purposes,
statutory changes are sometimes included in the statute database before they take effect.
If the source note at the end of a Section of the statutes includes a Public Act that has
not yet taken effect, the version of the law that is currently in effect may have already
been removed from the database and you should refer to that Public Act to see the changes
made to the current law.
(805 ILCS 5/13.75)
Activities that do not constitute transacting business.
Without excluding other activities that may not constitute doing business in
this State, a foreign corporation shall not be considered to be transacting
business in this State, for purposes of this Article 13, by reason of carrying
on in this State any one or more of the following activities:
(1) maintaining, defending, or settling any
(2) holding meetings of the board of directors or
shareholders or carrying on other activities concerning internal corporate affairs;
(3) maintaining bank accounts;
(4) maintaining offices or agencies for the transfer,
exchange, and registration of the corporation's own securities or maintaining trustees or depositaries with respect to those securities;
(5) selling through independent contractors;
(6) soliciting or obtaining orders, whether by mail
or through employees or agents or otherwise, if orders require acceptance outside this State before they become contracts;
(9) owning, without more, real or personal property;
(10) conducting an isolated transaction that is
completed within 120 days and that is not one in the course of repeated transactions of a like nature; or
(11) having a corporate officer or director who is a
(Source: P.A. 93-59, eff. 7-1-03.)