Updating the database of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) is an ongoing process.
Recent laws may not yet be included in the ILCS database, but they are found on this site as Public
soon after they become law. For information concerning the relationship between statutes and Public Acts, refer to the
Because the statute database is maintained primarily for legislative drafting purposes,
statutory changes are sometimes included in the statute database before they take effect.
If the source note at the end of a Section of the statutes includes a Public Act that has
not yet taken effect, the version of the law that is currently in effect may have already
been removed from the database and you should refer to that Public Act to see the changes
made to the current law.
(225 ILCS 454/10-45)
(Section scheduled to be repealed on January 1, 2030)
Broker price opinions and comparative market analyses.
(a) A broker price opinion or comparative market analysis may be prepared or provided by a real estate broker or managing broker for any of the following:
(1) an existing or potential buyer or seller of an
(2) an existing or potential lessor or lessee of an
(3) a third party making decisions or performing due
diligence related to the potential listing, offering, sale, option, lease, or acquisition price of an interest in real estate; or
(4) an existing or potential lienholder or other
third party for any purpose other than as the primary basis to determine the market value of an interest in real estate for the purpose of a mortgage loan origination by a financial institution secured by such real estate.
(b) A broker price opinion or comparative market analysis shall be in writing either on paper or electronically and shall include the following provisions:
(1) a statement of the intended purpose of the broker
price opinion or comparative market analysis;
(2) a brief description of the interest in real
estate that is the subject of the broker price opinion or comparative market analysis;
(3) a brief description of the methodology used to
develop the broker price opinion or comparative market analysis;
(4) any assumptions or limiting conditions;
(5) a disclosure of any existing or contemplated
interest of the broker or managing broker in the interest in real estate that is the subject of the broker price opinion or comparative market analysis;
(6) the name, license number, and signature of the
broker or managing broker that developed the broker price opinion or comparative market analysis;
(7) a statement in substantially the following form:
"This is a broker price opinion/comparative market
analysis, not an appraisal of the market value of the real estate, and was prepared by a licensed real estate broker or managing broker who was not acting as a State certified real estate appraiser."; and
(8) such other items as the broker or managing broker
(Source: P.A. 101-71, eff. 7-12-19.)