Updating the database of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) is an ongoing process.
Recent laws may not yet be included in the ILCS database, but they are found on this site as Public
soon after they become law. For information concerning the relationship between statutes and Public Acts, refer to the
Because the statute database is maintained primarily for legislative drafting purposes,
statutory changes are sometimes included in the statute database before they take effect.
If the source note at the end of a Section of the statutes includes a Public Act that has
not yet taken effect, the version of the law that is currently in effect may have already
been removed from the database and you should refer to that Public Act to see the changes
made to the current law.
(35 ILCS 10/5-40)
Determination of Amount of the Credit.
In determining the
amount of the Credit that should be awarded, the Committee shall provide
guidance on, and the
Department shall take into consideration, the
(1) The number and location of jobs created and
retained in relation to the economy of the county where the projected investment is to occur.
(2) The potential impact on the economy of Illinois.
(3) The magnitude of the cost differential between
Illinois and the competing state.
(4) The incremental payroll attributable to the
(5) The capital investment attributable to the
(6) The amount of the average wage and benefits paid
by the Applicant in relation to the wage and benefits of the area of the project.
(7) The costs to Illinois and the affected political
subdivisions with respect to the project.
(8) The financial assistance that is otherwise
provided by Illinois and the affected political subdivisions.
(Source: P.A. 91-476, eff. 8-11-99.)