Updating the database of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) is an ongoing process.
Recent laws may not yet be included in the ILCS database, but they are found on this site as Public
soon after they become law. For information concerning the relationship between statutes and Public Acts, refer to the
Because the statute database is maintained primarily for legislative drafting purposes,
statutory changes are sometimes included in the statute database before they take effect.
If the source note at the end of a Section of the statutes includes a Public Act that has
not yet taken effect, the version of the law that is currently in effect may have already
been removed from the database and you should refer to that Public Act to see the changes
made to the current law.
(15 ILCS 15/3.1)
"Agency directly responsible to the Governor" or "agency" means
any office, officer, division, or part thereof,
and any other office, nonelective officer, department, division, bureau,
board, or commission in the executive branch of State government,
except that it does not apply to any agency whose primary function is service
to the General Assembly or the Judicial Branch of State government, or to
any agency administered by the Attorney General, Secretary of State, State
Comptroller or State Treasurer. In addition the term does not apply to
the following agencies created by law with the primary responsibility of
or adjudicatory functions independently of the Governor:
(1) the State Board of Elections;
(2) the State Board of Education;
(3) the Illinois Commerce Commission;
(4) the Illinois Workers' Compensation
(5) the Civil Service Commission;
(6) the Fair Employment Practices Commission;
(7) the Pollution Control Board;
(8) the Department of State Police Merit Board;
(9) the Illinois Racing Board;
(10) the Illinois Power Agency;
(11) the Illinois Law Enforcement Training Standards Board; and
(12) the Illinois Liquor Control Commission.
(Source: P.A. 100-995, eff. 8-20-18; 100-1050, eff. 7-1-19; 101-81, eff. 7-12-19.)