(805 ILCS 215/207)
Correcting filed record.
(a) A limited partnership or foreign limited partnership may deliver to the Secretary of State for filing a statement of correction to correct a record previously delivered by the limited partnership or foreign limited partnership to the Secretary of State and filed by the Secretary of State, if at the time of filing the record contained false or erroneous information or was defectively signed.
(b) A statement of correction may not state a delayed effective date and must:
(1) describe the record to be corrected, including
its filing date, or attach a copy of the record as filed;
(2) specify the incorrect information and the reason
it is incorrect or the manner in which the signing was defective; and
(3) correct the incorrect information or defective
(c) When filed by the Secretary of State, a statement of correction is effective retroactively as of the effective date of the record the statement corrects, but the statement is effective when filed:
(1) for the purposes of Section 103(c) and (d); and
(2) as to persons relying on the uncorrected record
and adversely affected by the correction.
(Source: P.A. 93-967, eff. 1-1-05.)