(805 ILCS 215/116)
Resignation of agent for service of process.
(a) The agent for service of process may at any time resign by filing in the Office of the Secretary of State written notice thereof and by mailing a copy thereof to the limited partnership or foreign limited partnership at its designated office and another copy to the principal office if the address of the office appears in the records of the Secretary of State and is different from the address of the designated office. The notice must be mailed at least 10 days before the date of filing thereof with the Secretary of State. The notice shall be executed by the agent for service of process. The notice shall set forth all of the following:
(1) The name of the limited partnership for which
the agent for service of process is acting.
(2) The name of the agent for service of process.
(3) The address, including street, number, and city
of the limited partnership's then address of its agent for service of process in this State.
(4) That the agent for service of process resigns.
(5) The effective date of the resignation, which
shall not be sooner than 30 days after the date of filing.
(6) The address of the designated office of the
limited partnership as it is known to the registered agent.
(7) A statement that a copy of the notice has been
sent by registered or certified mail to the designated office of the limited partnership within the time and in the manner prescribed by this Section.
(b) A new agent for service of process must be placed on record within 60 days after an agent's notice of resignation under this Section.
(Source: P.A. 97-839, eff. 7-20-12.)