(805 ILCS 105/101.15)
(from Ch. 32, par. 101.15)
Statement of correction.
(a) Whenever any
instrument authorized to be filed with the Secretary of
State under any provision of this Act has been so filed and,
as of the date of the action therein referred to, contains
any misstatement of fact, typographical error, error of
transcription or any other error or defect, or was
defectively or erroneously executed, such instrument may be
corrected by filing, in accordance with Section 101.10 of
this Act, a statement of correction.
(b) A statement of correction shall set forth:
(1) The name or names of the corporation or
corporations and the State or country under the laws of which each is organized.
(2) The title of the instrument being corrected and
the date it was filed by the Secretary of State.
(3) The inaccuracy, error or defect to be corrected
and the portion of the instrument in corrected form.
(c) A statement of correction shall be executed in the same
manner in which the instrument being corrected was required
to be executed.
(d) The corrected instrument shall be effective as of the
date the original instrument was filed.
(e) A statement of correction shall not:
(1) Effect any change or amendment of articles which
would not in all respects have complied with the requirements of this Act;
(2) Take the place of any document, statement or
report otherwise required to be filed by this Act;
(3) Affect any right or liability accrued or incurred
before such filing, except that any right or liability accrued or incurred by reason of the error or defect being corrected shall be extinguished by such filing if the person having such right has not detrimentally relied on the original instrument;
(4) Alter the provisions of the articles of
incorporation with respect to the corporation name or purpose or the names and addresses of the incorporators or initial directors;
(5) Alter the provisions of the application for
authority of a foreign corporation with respect to the corporation name;
(6) Alter the provisions of the application to adopt
or change an assumed corporate name with respect to the assumed corporate name; or
(7) Alter the wording of any resolution which was in
fact adopted by the board of directors or by the members entitled to vote.
(Source: P.A. 93-59, eff. 7-1-03.)