(765 ILCS 77/15)
The provisions of this Act do not apply to the following:
(1) Transfers pursuant to court order, including, but not
limited to, transfers ordered by a probate court in administration of an
estate, transfers between spouses resulting from a judgment of dissolution of
marriage or legal separation, transfers pursuant to an order of possession,
transfers by a trustee in bankruptcy, transfers by eminent domain, and
transfers resulting from a decree for specific performance.
(2) Transfers from a mortgagor to a mortgagee by deed in lieu of
foreclosure or consent judgment, transfer by judicial deed issued pursuant to a
foreclosure sale to the successful bidder or the assignee of a certificate of
sale, transfer by a collateral assignment of a beneficial interest of a land
trust, or a transfer by a mortgagee or a successor in interest to the
mortgagee's secured position or a beneficiary under a deed in trust who has
acquired the real property
by deed in lieu of foreclosure, consent judgment or judicial deed issued
pursuant to a foreclosure sale.
(3) Transfers by a fiduciary in the course of the administration of a
decedent's estate, guardianship, conservatorship, or trust.
(4) Transfers from one co-owner to one or more other co-owners.
(5) Transfers pursuant to testate or intestate succession.
(6) Transfers made to a spouse, or to a person or persons
in the lineal line of consanguinity of one or more of the sellers.
(7) Transfers from an entity that has taken title to
residential real property from a seller for the purpose of assisting
in the relocation of the seller, so long as the entity
makes available to all prospective buyers a copy of the disclosure form
furnished to the entity by the seller.
(8) Transfers to or from any governmental entity.
(9) Transfers of newly constructed residential real property that has not
(Source: P.A. 88-111.)