(750 ILCS 65/17) (from Ch. 40, par. 1017)
    Sec. 17. When the husband or wife is under legal disability and therefore incapable of executing a deed or mortgage, and relinquishing or conveying his or her right to homestead in the real property of the other, such other person may present his or her petition to the circuit court in the county where the petitioner resides, or where the real estate to be affected is situated, setting forth the facts, and particularly describing the real estate sought to be conveyed or mortgaged, and asking for an order authorizing the petitioner, or some other person, to execute a deed or mortgage for the person who is under legal disability, and thereby relinquish his or her right of homestead in the real estate.
(Source: P.A. 83-706.)