(750 ILCS 5/409) (from Ch. 40, par. 409)
    Sec. 409. Proof of Foreign Marriage. A marriage which may have been solemnized or had in any foreign state or country, may be proved by the acknowledgment of the parties, their cohabitation, and other evidence. Certified copies of records of a marriage performed in any foreign state or country obtained from an authorized state governmental unit, embassy, or consulate may be admitted as an exception to the hearsay rule.
(Source: P.A. 99-90, eff. 1-1-16.)