(735 ILCS 5/19-120) (from Ch. 110, par. 19-120)
    Sec. 19-120. When property not found. When the property or any part thereof is not found or delivered as above stated, and the defendant is summoned or enters his or her appearance, the plaintiff may proceed, under the original or amended complaint, as in an action for the wrongful taking and detention of such property or so much thereof as is not found and delivered to the sheriff or other officer, and as to the property not found and delivered, the plaintiff, if he or she recovers, shall be entitled to judgment for the value thereof or his or her interest therein, and such damages as he or she has sustained by reason of the wrongful taking and detention.
(Source: P.A. 82-280.)