(4) "Distribution proceeding" means a judicial or nonjudicial proceeding
for the distribution of a fund in which one or more foreign-money claims is
asserted and includes an accounting, an assignment for the benefit of
creditors, a foreclosure, the liquidation or rehabilitation of a
corporation or other entity, and the distribution of an estate, trust,
or other fund.
(5) "Foreign money" means money other than money of the United States
(6) "Foreign-money claim" means a claim upon an obligation to pay, or a
claim for recovery of a loss, expressed in or measured by a foreign money.
(7) "Money" means a medium of exchange for the payment of obligations or
a store of value authorized or adopted by a government or by
(8) "Money of the claim" means the money determined as proper pursuant
to Section 12-634.
(9) "Person" means an individual, a corporation, government or
governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, joint
venture, partnership, association, 2 or more persons having a joint or
common interest, or any other legal or commercial entity.
(10) "Rate of exchange" means the rate at which money of one country may
be converted into money of another country in a free financial market
convenient to or reasonably usable by a person obligated to pay or to state
a rate of conversion. If separate rates of exchange apply to different
kinds of transactions, the term means the rate applicable to the particular
transaction giving rise to the foreign-money claim.
(11) "Spot rate" means the rate of exchange at which foreign money is
sold by a bank or other dealer in foreign exchange for immediate or next
day availability or for settlement by immediate payment in cash or
equivalent, by charge to an account, or by an agreed delayed settlement not
exceeding 2 days.
(12) "State" means a State of the United States, the District of
Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory or insular
possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
(Source: P.A. 86-1291.)