(730 ILCS 5/3-11-1) (from Ch. 38, par. 1003-11-1)
    Sec. 3-11-1. Furloughs.
    (a) The Department may extend the limits of the place of confinement of a committed person under prescribed conditions, so that he may leave such place on a furlough. Whether or not such person is to be accompanied on furlough shall be determined by the chief administrative officer. The Department may make an appropriate charge for the necessary expenses of accompanying a person on furlough. Such furloughs may be granted for a period of time not to exceed 14 days, for any of the following purposes:
        (1) to visit a spouse, child (including a stepchild
or adopted child), parent (including a stepparent or foster parent), grandparent (including stepgrandparent) or brother or sister who is seriously ill or to attend the funeral of any such person; or
        (2) to obtain medical, psychiatric or psychological
services when adequate services are not otherwise available; or
        (3) to make contacts for employment; or
        (4) to secure a residence upon release on parole or
discharge; or
        (5) to visit such person's family; or
        (6) to appear before various educational panels,
study groups, educational units, and other groups whose purpose is obtaining an understanding of the results, causes and prevention of crime and criminality, including appearances on television and radio programs.
    (b) (Blank).
    (c) In any case where the person furloughed is not to be accompanied on furlough, the Department of Corrections shall give prior notice of the intended furlough to the State's Attorney of the county from which the offender was sentenced originally, the State's Attorney of the county where the furlough is to occur, and to the Sheriff of the county where the furlough is to occur. Said prior notice is to be in writing except in situations where the reason for the furlough is of such an emergency nature that previous written notice would not be possible. In such cases, oral notice of the furlough shall occur.
(Source: P.A. 96-371, eff. 8-13-09.)