(625 ILCS 5/6-903)
(from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 6-903)
Standard for determining medical limitation; records.
(a) The Secretary in cooperation with the Board shall establish standards
for determining the degree to which a person's medical condition
constitutes a limitation to the person's ability to operate a motor vehicle
or causes the person to be a driving hazard.
(b) The standards may include, but need not be limited to, the following:
(1) Physical disorders characterized by momentary or
prolonged lapses of consciousness or control.
(2) Disorders and impairments affecting the
(3) Musculoskeletal disabilities and disorders
affecting musculoskeletal functions.
(4) Vision and disorders affecting vision.
(5) The use of or dependence upon alcohol or drugs.
(6) The extent to which compensatory aids and devices
(7) Conditions or disorders that medically impair a
(Source: P.A. 87-1249.)