(625 ILCS 5/6-802)
(from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 6-802)
In the Nonresident Violator Compact, the following
words have the meanings indicated, unless the context requires otherwise.
1. "Citation" means any summons, ticket, or other official document issued
by a police officer for a traffic violation containing an order which requires
the motorist to respond.
2. "Collateral" means any cash or other security deposited to secure an
appearance for trial, following the issuance by a police officer of a citation
for a traffic violation.
3. "Court" means a court of law or traffic tribunal.
4. "Driver's license" means any license or privilege to operate a motor
vehicle issued under the laws of this State.
5. "Home Jurisdiction" means the jurisdiction that issued the driver's
license of the traffic violator.
6. "Issuing jurisdiction" means the jurisdiction in which the traffic
citation was issued to the motorist.
7. "Jurisdiction" means a state, territory, or possession of the United
States, the District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
8. "Motorist" means a driver of a motor vehicle operating in a party jurisdiction.
9. "Personal recognizance" means an agreement by a motorist made at the
time of issuance of the traffic citation that such motorist will comply
with the terms of that traffic citation.
10. "Police officer" means every officer authorized to make arrests and
issue citations for traffic violations.
11. "Secretary" means the Illinois Secretary of State.
12. "Terms of the citation" means those options expressly stated upon the citation.
(Source: P.A. 83-385.)