(625 ILCS 5/1-144.01)
Mobile carrying device.
(a) An electrically powered device that:
(1) is operated by a mobile carrying device operator
on sidewalks and crosswalks and intended primarily for transporting personal property;
(2) weighs less than 90 pounds, excluding cargo;
(3) has a maximum speed of 12.5 miles per hour;
(4) is equipped with a technology to transport
personal property with the active monitoring of a property owner; and
(5) is primarily designed to remain within 10 feet of
the personal property owner.
(b) A mobile carrying device is not considered a vehicle unless expressly defined by law as a vehicle.
(Source: P.A. 101-123, eff. 7-26-19.)