(505 ILCS 100/17) (from Ch. 5, par. 967)
    Sec. 17. Control Authorities, independently or in combination, may purchase or provide for needed or necessary materials, machinery and equipment, including the cost of operation and depreciation of such machinery and equipment, for the control and eradication of weeds as provided in Sections 10 and 11, whether or not declared noxious on land owned or controlled by them or on other land under their jurisdiction. All funds received from such control and eradication of weeds shall be deposited in the Noxious Weed Control Fund or other appropriate general fund of the Control Authority. Each Control Authority shall keep a record showing the procurement, sale and rental of materials, machinery and equipment, which record shall be open to inspection by citizens of this State. A Control Authority may use any equipment or material procured as provided for in this Section upon lands owned or directly controlled by it, or owned or controlled by a township or city which is not a Control Authority, for the treatment and eradication of weeds which have not been declared noxious.
(Source: P.A. 77-1037.)