(505 ILCS 30/5)
(from Ch. 56 1/2, par. 66.5)
(a) Any commercial feed, except customer-formula feed, distributed
in this State shall be accompanied by a legible label bearing the following information:
(1) The net weight.
(2) The product and brand name, if any, under which
the commercial feed is distributed.
(3) The guaranteed analysis of the commercial feed
stated in terms as the Director determines by regulation, that are necessary to advise the consumer of the composition of the commercial feed or to support claims made in the labeling. The substances or elements must be determinable by laboratory methods as published by the Association of Official Analytical Chemists or other recognized methods as adopted in Section 9. When any items are guaranteed, they shall be subject to inspection and analysis by the Director.
(4) The common or usual names of each ingredient used
in the manufacture of the commercial feed, except as the Director may, by regulation, permit the use of a collective term for a group of ingredients which perform similar functions.
(5) The name and principal address of the person
responsible for distributing the commercial feed.
(6) Directions for use for all commercial feeds
containing drugs and adequate directions for other commercial feeds as the Director determines necessary for their safe and effective use.
(7) Such precautionary statements as the Director
determines necessary for the safe and effective use of the commercial feed.
(b) A customer-formula feed shall be accompanied by a
label, invoice, delivery slip or other shipping document, bearing the
(1) Name and address of the manufacturer.
(2) Name and address of the purchaser.
(3) Date of delivery or sale.
(4) The name of the product and brand name, if any,
and the net weight of each commercial feed and each other ingredient used in the mixture.
(5) Directions for use and precautionary statements
for medicated and non-medicated feeds as necessary for their safe and effective use.
(Source: P.A. 87-664.)