(415 ILCS 90/4)
(from Ch. 111 1/2, par. 991-4)
Pilot project plan.
(a) The Agency shall formulate and update a
plan for collecting small quantities of household hazardous waste from
in the State. The plan shall include:
(1) An assessment of private industry interest or
involvement in hazardous waste collection in the State and recommendations to the General Assembly for private industry collection incentives.
(2) A survey of businesses available to serve this
function or alternative recycling or disposal functions with recommendations of approved firms to be used for the collection program.
(3) A method for encouraging private industry
household waste collection pilot projects in local and regional communities.
(4) A method of encouraging county and municipal
household hazardous waste collection pilot projects.
(b) The agency shall develop and distribute public
information regarding, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Nontoxic alternatives to household hazardous
(2) Safe use and storage procedures for household
hazardous materials, including toxic effect warnings.
(3) Proper disposal procedures for household
(4) Recycling options available for various types of
household hazardous waste.
(c) Agency sponsored household hazardous waste collections shall
continue until March 1, 1995.
(Source: P.A. 87-735; 87-1159.)