(415 ILCS 5/58)
It is the intent of this Title:
(1) To establish a risk-based system of remediation
based on protection of human health and the environment relative to present and future uses of the site.
(2) To assure that the land use for which remedial
action was undertaken will not be modified without consideration of the adequacy of such remedial action for the new land use.
(3) To provide incentives to the private sector to
undertake remedial action.
(4) To establish expeditious alternatives for the
review of site investigation and remedial activities, including a privatized review process.
(5) To assure that the resources of the Hazardous
Waste Fund are used in a manner that is protective of human health and the environment relative to present and future uses of the site and surrounding area.
(6) To provide assistance to units of local
government for remediation of properties contaminated or potentially contaminated by commercial, industrial, or other uses, to provide loans for the redevelopment of brownfields, and to establish and provide for the administration of the Brownfields Redevelopment Fund.
(Source: P.A. 90-123, eff.
7-21-97; 91-36, eff. 6-15-99.)