(410 ILCS 715/20)
Requirements for dispensing drugs; priority.
(a) A recipient may only dispense or administer a prescription drug or provide an over-the-counter drug:
(1) if the recipient is otherwise permitted by law to
dispense or administer the drug;
(2) that meets the requirements in Section 25;
(3) that is repackaged into a new container or is in
its original container with all previous patient information redacted or removed;
(4) that is properly labeled in accordance with the
rules and regulations of the Board of Pharmacy;
(5) that has an expiration or beyond-use date brought
forward from the donated prescription drug or over-the-counter drug that will not expire before the use by the eligible patient based on the prescribing practitioner's directions for use or, for over-the-counter medicine, on the package's label; and
(6) that is not adulterated or misbranded, as
determined by a pharmacist or practitioner.
(b) Recipients shall, to the greatest extent practicable, dispense drugs received under this Act to priority patients.
(Source: P.A. 102-389, eff. 1-1-22