(410 ILCS 170/5)
(This Section may contain text from a Public Act with a delayed effective date
In this Act:
"Coal tar-based sealant or high polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon sealant product" means a pavement sealant material containing coal tar or a high polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon content greater than 0.1% by weight.
"Department" means the Department of Public Health.
"Safety data sheet" means a document describing the properties and methods of the handling and use of a substance, compound, or mixture and containing the following information with respect to the substance, compound, or mixture:
(1) The chemical name, common name, trade name, and
the identity used on the label.
(2) Physical and chemical characteristics, including,
but not limited to, vapor pressure and flash point.
(3) Physical hazards, including the potential for
fire, explosion, or reactivity.
(4) Known acute and chronic health effects of
exposure, including, but not limited to, signs and symptoms of exposure, based on substantial scientific evidence.
(5) The known primary route of exposure.
(6) The permissible exposure limit for those toxic
substances for which the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration has adopted a permissible exposure limit.
(7) Precautions for safe handling and use.
(8) Recommended engineering controls.
(9) Recommended work practices.
(10) Recommended personal protective equipment.
(11) Procedures for emergencies, first aid, and
cleanup of leaks and spills.
(12) The date of preparation of the safety data sheet
(13) The name, address, and telephone number of the
employer, manufacturer, importer, or supplier who prepares the safety data sheet.
(Source: P.A. 102-242, eff. 1-1-23.)