(405 ILCS 20/10) (from Ch. 91 1/2, par. 310)
    Sec. 10. Whenever the board and the governing body of a governmental unit by resolution determines that it is necessary to issue bonds of the governmental unit to enable it to provide buildings for or to make permanent improvements in the community mental health facilities, including facilities for the person with a developmental disability or a substance use disorder, the governing body shall so instruct the clerk of the governmental unit. Thereupon, such clerk shall certify the proposition to the proper election officials who shall submit the proposition at a regular election in accordance with the general election law. However, before such resolution is adopted, a report must be filed with the board and the governing body by the Department of Human Services as to the advisability of any proposed building or of any proposed permanent improvements in existing facilities.
(Source: P.A. 95-336, eff. 8-21-07.)