(405 ILCS 5/3-911)
(a) The Department of Human Services when a recipient of services under this Code, whether admitted on a voluntary or involuntary basis, is being discharged from an inpatient facility, shall provide the recipient and the recipient's conservator, guardian, or other legally authorized representative a written aftercare plan prior to the recipient's discharge from the facility.
The written aftercare plan shall include, to the extent known, all of the following components:
(1) the nature of the illness and followup required;
(2) medications including side effects and dosage
(3) if the recipient was given an informed consent
form with his or her medications, the form shall satisfy the requirement for information on side effects of the medications;
(4) expected course of recovery;
(5) recommendations regarding treatment that is
relevant to the recipient's care;
(6) referrals to providers of medical and mental
(7) other relevant information.
(b) The recipient shall be advised by facility personnel that he or she may designate another person to receive a copy of the aftercare plan.
(Source: P.A. 102-420, eff. 1-1-22