(405 ILCS 5/3-906) (from Ch. 91 1/2, par. 3-906)
    Sec. 3-906. (a) Any person who has been adjudicated to be a person under legal disability in any proceedings under any prior mental health statute of this State or any person on his behalf may file at any time a petition for modification of the guardianship order of the court or for restoration to legal status without disability. The petition may be filed in the court which adjudicated the person to be under legal disability or in the court of the county where he resides or is present. The petition may be accompanied by a certificate of a physician, qualified examiner, or clinical psychologist or by a notice of discharge issued pursuant to this Chapter. The certificate shall indicate the extent to which the recipient is capable of managing his person and estate. If no certificate accompanies the petition, the court may appoint a physician, qualified examiner, or clinical psychologist to examine the recipient and prepare a certificate regarding his status without disability.
    (b) The procedures for conduct of hearings set forth in Article VIII of this Chapter apply to hearings held under this Section.
(Source: P.A. 88-380.)