(405 ILCS 5/3-751)
    Sec. 3-751. Involuntary admission; petition.
    (a) Any person 18 years of age or older may execute a petition asserting that another person is subject to involuntary admission on an outpatient basis. The petition shall be prepared pursuant to paragraph (b) of Section 3-601 and shall be filed with the court in the county where the respondent resides or is present.
    (b) The court may inquire of the petitioner whether there are reasonable grounds to believe that the facts stated in the petition are true and whether the respondent is subject to involuntary admission on an outpatient basis.
    (c) A petition for involuntary admission on an outpatient basis may be combined with or accompanied by a petition for involuntary admission on an inpatient basis under Article VII.
    (d) Notwithstanding any other provision in this Chapter, a petition may be filed under this Article prior to the expiration of an agreed order for outpatient admission issued pursuant to Section 3-801.5 of this Chapter, provided that the recipient has refused to agree to an extension of the agreed order as provided in subsection (g) of Section 3-801.5. The filing of such a petition at least 5 days prior to the expiration of such an agreed order shall continue the order in effect pending the disposition of the petition.
    (e) A petition for involuntary outpatient commitment may be filed pursuant to this Section concerning a person who has been admitted to a mental health facility on an informal basis under Section 3-300 of this Code or as a voluntary recipient under Section 3-400 of this Code provided that such a person has a documented history of illness and treatment demonstrating that he or she is unlikely to continue to receive needed treatment following release from informal or voluntary admission and that an order for alternative treatment or for care and custody is necessary in order to ensure continuity of treatment outside a mental health facility. The filing of such a petition shall not prevent the recipient from requesting and obtaining a discharge pursuant to subsection (b) of Section 3-300 or Section 3-404, nor shall it prevent the facility director from discharging the recipient pursuant to Section 3-902 of this Code.
(Source: P.A. 96-1399, eff. 7-29-10; 96-1453, eff. 8-20-10; 97-375, eff. 8-15-11.)