(405 ILCS 5/2-110.1)
(a) A mental hospital or facility at which electroconvulsive therapy
is administered shall submit to the Department quarterly reports
relating to the administration of the therapy for the purposes of reducing
morbidity or mortality and improving patient care.
(b) A report shall state the following for each quarter:
(1) The number of persons who received the therapy,
(A) the number of persons who gave informed
(B) the number of persons confined as subject to
involuntary admission who gave informed consent to the therapy;
(C) the number of persons who received the
therapy without informed consent pursuant to Section 2-107.1; and
(D) the number of persons who received the
therapy on an emergency basis pursuant to subsection (d) of Section 2-107.1.
(2) The age, sex, and race of the recipients of the
(3) The source of the treatment payment.
(4) The average number of electroconvulsive
treatments administered for each complete series of treatments, but not including maintenance treatments.
(5) The average number of maintenance
electroconvulsive treatments administered per month.
(6) Any significant adverse reactions to the
treatment as defined by rule.
(7) Autopsy findings if death followed within 14 days
after the date of the administration of the therapy.
(8) Any other information required by the Department
(c) The Department shall prepare and publish an annual written report
summarizing the information received under this Section.
The report shall not contain any information that identifies or tends to
identify any facility, physician, health care provider, or patient.
(Source: P.A. 102-558, eff. 8-20-21.)