(305 ILCS 5/5-5.05)
Hospitals; psychiatric services.
(a) On and after July 1, 2008, the inpatient, per diem rate to be paid to a hospital for inpatient psychiatric services shall be $363.77.
(b) For purposes of this Section, "hospital" means the following:
(1) Advocate Christ Hospital, Oak Lawn, Illinois.
(2) Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri.
(3) BroMenn Healthcare, Bloomington, Illinois.
(4) Jackson Park Hospital, Chicago, Illinois.
(5) Katherine Shaw Bethea Hospital, Dixon, Illinois.
(6) Lawrence County Memorial Hospital, Lawrenceville,
(7) Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Park Ridge,
(8) Mercy Hospital and Medical Center, Chicago,
(9) Methodist Medical Center of Illinois, Peoria,
(10) Provena United Samaritans Medical Center,
(11) Rockford Memorial Hospital, Rockford, Illinois.
(12) Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center, Mattoon,
(13) Provena Covenant Medical Center, Urbana,
(14) Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center,
(15) Mt. Sinai Hospital, Chicago, Illinois.
(16) Gateway Regional Medical Center, Granite City,
(17) St. Mary of Nazareth Hospital, Chicago, Illinois.
(18) Provena St. Mary's Hospital, Kankakee, Illinois.
(19) St. Mary's Hospital, Decatur, Illinois.
(20) Memorial Hospital, Belleville, Illinois.
(21) Swedish Covenant Hospital, Chicago, Illinois.
(22) Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois.
(23) St. Elizabeth Hospital, Chicago, Illinois.
(24) Richland Memorial Hospital, Olney, Illinois.
(25) St. Elizabeth's Hospital, Belleville, Illinois.
(26) Samaritan Health System, Clinton, Iowa.
(27) St. John's Hospital, Springfield, Illinois.
(28) St. Mary's Hospital, Centralia, Illinois.
(29) Loretto Hospital, Chicago, Illinois.
(30) Kenneth Hall Regional Hospital, East St. Louis,
(31) Hinsdale Hospital, Hinsdale, Illinois.
(32) Pekin Hospital, Pekin, Illinois.
(33) University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago,
(34) St. Anthony's Health Center, Alton, Illinois.
(35) OSF St. Francis Medical Center, Peoria, Illinois.
(36) Memorial Medical Center, Springfield, Illinois.
(37) A hospital with a distinct part unit for
psychiatric services that begins operating on or after July 1, 2008.
For purposes of this Section, "inpatient psychiatric services" means those services provided to patients who are in need of short-term acute inpatient hospitalization for active treatment of an emotional or mental disorder.
(b-5) Notwithstanding any other provision of this Section, and subject to appropriation, the inpatient, per diem rate to be paid to all safety-net hospitals for inpatient psychiatric services on and after January 1, 2021 shall be at least $630.
(b-10) Notwithstanding any other provision of this Section, effective with dates of service on and after January 1, 2022, any general acute care hospital with more than 9,500 inpatient psychiatric Medicaid days in any calendar year shall be paid the inpatient per diem rate of no less than $630.
(c) No rules shall be promulgated to implement this Section. For purposes of this Section, "rules" is given the meaning contained in Section 1-70 of the Illinois Administrative Procedure Act.
(d) This Section shall not be in effect during any period of time that the State has in place a fully operational hospital assessment plan that has been approved by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
(e) On and after July 1, 2012, the Department shall reduce any rate of reimbursement for services or other payments or alter any methodologies authorized by this Code to reduce any rate of reimbursement for services or other payments in accordance with Section 5-5e.
(Source: P.A. 102-4, eff. 4-27-21; 102-674, eff. 11-30-21.)