(235 ILCS 5/4-3) (from Ch. 43, par. 111a)
    Sec. 4-3. The city council of each city and the president and board of trustees of each village and incorporated town and the county board are authorized to fix and pay compensation to the local liquor control commissioner of the particular city, village, incorporated town or county, as the case may be, and compensation to such deputies, assistants or employees as may be deemed necessary for the proper performance of the duties vested in him.
(Source: P.A. 82-783.)