(230 ILCS 20/2.1)
Ineligibility for a license.
The following are ineligible for any license under this Act:
(1) Any person convicted of any felony within the
last 5 years where such conviction will impair the person's ability to engage in the position for which a license is sought.
(2) Any person convicted of a violation of Article 28
of the Criminal Code of 1961 or the Criminal Code of 2012 who has not been sufficiently rehabilitated following the conviction.
(3) Any person who has had a bingo, pull tabs and jar
games, or charitable games license revoked by the Department.
(4) Any person who is or has been a professional
(5) Any person found gambling in a manner not
authorized by the Illinois Pull Tabs and Jar Games Act, the Bingo License and Tax Act, or the Charitable Games Act, participating in such gambling, or knowingly permitting such gambling on premises where pull tabs and jar games are authorized to be conducted.
(6) Any firm or corporation in which a person defined
in (1), (2), (3), (4), or (5) has any proprietary, equitable, or credit interest or in which such person is active or employed.
(7) Any organization in which a person defined in
(1), (2), (3), (4), or (5) is an officer, director, or employee, whether compensated or not.
(8) Any organization in which a person defined in
(1), (2), (3), (4), or (5) is to participate in the management or operation of pull tabs and jar games.
The Department of State Police shall provide the criminal background of
any supplier as requested by the Department of Revenue.
(Source: P.A. 100-286, eff. 1-1-18