(225 ILCS 610/9.1) (from Ch. 8, par. 157.1)
    Sec. 9.1. Except as otherwise provided in Section 14, no person shall operate a vehicle used to transport rendering materials or used cooking grease or cooking oils in this State without a vehicle permit issued by the Department or without complying with this Act. Applications for vehicle permits shall be accepted only from licensed renderers and grease and oil processors and shall include the name and address of the proposed permittee, the location of the place or intended place of the proposed permittee's business, the number and types of vehicles to be used by the proposed permittee and such other information as may be required by regulations of the Department. Owners or operators of vehicles not owned by licensed renderers or grease and oil processors in this State shall secure a permit through the licensed renderer, renderers, or grease and oil processors to whom the rendering material or used cooking grease and cooking oil will be delivered. The Department shall issue a Class 1 permit for the transporting of dead animals, fish or poultry; a Class 2 permit for transporting parts of bodies of animals, scrap, bones, fat, or used cooking grease and oils; a Class 3 permit for transporting hides; and a Class 4 permit for transporting bodies or parts of bodies of dead animals, poultry or fish to a landfill as an animal collection service. Permits issued hereunder shall be renewable annually during December of each year. All vehicle permits not renewed during December of each year shall expire on December 31 of that year. A $10 fee shall accompany each application for a vehicle permit or renewal thereof.
(Source: P.A. 98-785, eff. 1-1-15.)