(225 ILCS 447/10-10)
(Section scheduled to be repealed on January 1, 2024)
This Act does not apply to any of the following:
(1) A person, firm, or corporation engaging in fire
protection engineering, including the design, testing, and inspection of fire protection systems.
(2) The practice of professional engineering as
defined in the Professional Engineering Practice Act of 1989.
(3) The practice of structural engineering as defined
in the Structural Engineering Practice Act of 1989.
(4) The practice of architecture as defined in the
Illinois Architecture Practice Act of 1989.
(5) The activities of persons or firms licensed under
the Illinois Public Accounting Act if performed in the course of their professional practice.
(6) An attorney licensed to practice in Illinois
while engaging in the practice of law.
(7) A person engaged exclusively and employed by a
person, firm, association, or corporation in the business of transporting persons or property in interstate commerce and making an investigation related to the business of that employer.
(8) A person who provides canine odor detection
services to a unit of federal, State, or local government on an emergency call-out or volunteer and not-for-hire basis.
(Source: P.A. 95-613, eff. 9-11-07