(225 ILCS 316/35)
(Section scheduled to be repealed on January 1, 2027)
Powers and duties of the Department.
The Department shall exercise, subject to the provisions of this Act, the following functions, powers, and duties:
(1) Authorize examinations to ascertain the fitness
and qualifications of applicants for registration and pass upon the qualifications and fitness of applicants for registration by endorsement.
(2) Adopt rules and regulations required for the
administration of this Act.
(3) Conduct hearings on proceedings to refuse to
issue, renew, or restore registrations, revoke, suspend, place on probation, or reprimand persons registered under provisions of this Act.
(4) Adopt rules to establish what constitutes an
approved landscape architecture program.
(5) Adopt rules to establish what constitutes
landscape architecture experience.
(6) Issue certificates of registration to those who
meet the requirements of this Act.
(7) Conduct investigations related to possible
(Source: P.A. 102-284, eff. 8-6-21.)