(225 ILCS 125/15)
(Section scheduled to be repealed on January 1, 2030)
Functions, powers, and duties of the Department.
The Department shall, subject to the provisions of this Act, exercise the following functions, powers, and duties:
(1) Authorize examinations to ascertain the fitness
and qualifications of applicants for licensure and pass upon the qualifications of applicants for licensure by endorsement.
(2) Adopt rules required for the administration of
(3) Formulate rules required for the administration
(4) Conduct hearings on proceedings to refuse to
issue or renew licenses, or to revoke, suspend, place on probation, or reprimand persons licensed under this Act.
(5) Issue licenses to those who meet the requirements
(6) Conduct investigations related to possible
(Source: P.A. 101-311, eff. 8-9-19.)