(225 ILCS 80/9)
(from Ch. 111, par. 3909)
(Section scheduled to be repealed on January 1, 2027)
In this Act:
(1) "Department" means the Department of Financial
and Professional Regulation.
(2) "Secretary" means the Secretary of Financial and
(3) "Board" means the Illinois Optometric Licensing
and Disciplinary Board appointed by the Secretary.
(4) "License" means the document issued by the
Department authorizing the person named thereon to practice optometry.
(6) "Direct supervision" means supervision of any
person assisting an optometrist, requiring that the optometrist authorize the procedure, remain in the facility while the procedure is performed, approve the work performed by the person assisting before dismissal of the patient, but does not mean that the optometrist must be present with the patient, during the procedure. For the dispensing of contact lenses, "direct supervision" means that the optometrist is responsible for training the person assisting the optometrist in the dispensing or sale of contact lenses, but does not mean that the optometrist must be present in the facility where he or she practices under a license or ancillary registration at the time the contacts are dispensed or sold.
(7) "Address of record" means the designated address
recorded by the Department in the applicant's application file or the licensee's license file maintained by the Department's licensure maintenance unit.
(Source: P.A. 98-186, eff. 8-5-13; 99-909, eff. 1-1-17.)