(225 ILCS 50/9)
(from Ch. 111, par. 7409)
(Section scheduled to be repealed on January 1, 2026)
Areas of examination.
The examination required by Section 8
shall be set forth by rule and demonstrate the
applicant's technical qualifications by:
(a) Tests of knowledge in the following areas as they
pertain to the testing, selecting, recommending, fitting, and selling of hearing instruments:
(1) characteristics of sound;
(2) the nature of the ear; and
(3) the function and maintenance of hearing
(b) Practical tests of proficiency in techniques as
they pertain to the fitting of hearing instruments shall be prescribed by the Department, set forth by rule, and include candidate qualifications in the following areas:
(1) pure tone audiometry including air conduction
testing and bone conduction testing;
(2) live voice or recorded voice speech
audiometry, including speech reception, threshold testing and speech discrimination testing;
(4) proper selection and adaptation of a hearing
(5) taking earmold impressions;
(6) proper maintenance procedures; and
(7) a general knowledge of the medical and
physical contra-indications to the use and fitting of a hearing instrument.
(c) Knowledge of the general medical and hearing
rehabilitation facilities in the area being served.
(d) Knowledge of the provisions of this Act and the
rules promulgated hereunder.
(Source: P.A. 96-683, eff. 1-1-10