(215 ILCS 113/20)
(a) A lessor shall register with the Department prior to becoming a
qualified self-insured for workers' compensation or becoming eligible to be
issued a workers' compensation and employers' liability insurance policy. The
(1) identify the name of the lessor;
(2) identify the address of the principal place of
(3) include the lessor's taxpayer or employer
(4) include a list by jurisdiction of each and every
name that the lessor has operated under in the preceding 5 years including any alternative names and names of predecessors;
(5) include a list of the officers and directors of
the lessor and its predecessors, successors, or alter egos in the preceding 5 years; and
(6) include a $1,000 fee for the registration and
each annual renewal thereafter.
Amounts received as registration fees shall be deposited into the Insurance
(c) Lessors registering
this Section shall notify the Department within 30 days as to any changes
in any information
provided pursuant to this Section.
(d) The Department shall maintain a list of those lessors who are registered
with the Department.
(e) The Department may prescribe any forms that are
necessary to promote the efficient administration of this Section.
(f) Any lessor that was doing
business in this
State prior to enactment of this Act shall register with the Department
60 days of the effective date of this Act.
(Source: P.A. 93-32, eff. 7-1-03.)