(215 ILCS 5/1540)
    Sec. 1540. Nonresident license reciprocity.
    (a) Unless denied licensure pursuant to Section 1555 of this Article, a nonresident person shall receive a nonresident public adjuster license if:
        (1) the person is currently licensed as a resident
public adjuster and in good standing in his or her home state;
        (2) the person has submitted the proper request for
licensure and has provided proof of financial responsibility as required in Section 1560 of this Article;
        (3) the person has submitted or transmitted to the
Director the appropriate completed application for licensure; and
        (4) the person's home state awards nonresident public
adjuster licenses to residents of this State on the same basis.
    (b) The Director may verify the public adjuster's licensing status through the producer database maintained by the NAIC, its affiliates, or subsidiaries.
    (c) As a condition to continuation of a public adjuster license issued under this Section, the licensee shall maintain a resident public adjuster license in his or her home state. The nonresident public adjuster license issued under this Section shall terminate and be surrendered immediately to the Director if the home state public adjuster license terminates for any reason, unless the public adjuster has been issued a license as a resident public adjuster in his or her new home state. Notification to the state or states where the nonresident license is issued must be made as soon as possible, yet no later than 30 days of change in new state resident license. The licensee shall include his or her new and old address on the notification. A new state resident license is required for nonresident licenses to remain valid. The new state resident license must have reciprocity with the licensing nonresident state or states for the nonresident license not to terminate.
(Source: P.A. 96-1332, eff. 1-1-11; 97-813, eff. 7-13-12.)