(210 ILCS 117/55)
    Sec. 55. Salvage and junking certificates. When an applicant for a salvage or junking certificate presents the Secretary of State with proof that the applicant has purchased or acquired a mobile home at a public sale authorized by this Act, and the local law enforcement agency having jurisdiction over the public sale of a vehicle certifies this fact, the Secretary of State shall issue the salvage or junking certificate upon receipt of the properly executed application. The salvage or junking certificate issued by the Secretary of State under Section 3-117.1 of the Illinois Vehicle Code shall be free of any lien that existed against the vehicle before the applicant acquired the vehicle.
(Source: P.A. 88-516.)