(210 ILCS 35/3)
(from Ch. 111 1/2, par. 4183)
As used in this Act, unless the context otherwise
requires, the terms defined in this Section have the meanings ascribed to them
(1) "Adult" means a person 18 years of age or older.
(2) "Applicant" means any person, agency, association, corporation,
partnership, or organization making application for a license.
(3) "Appropriate programming" means programming which meets each resident's
individual needs commensurate with his functioning level.
(4) "Community Living Facility" means a transitional residential setting
which provides guidance, supervision, training and other assistance to
ambulatory or mobile adults with a mild or moderate developmental disability
with the goal of eventually moving these persons to more independent living
arrangements. Residents are required to participate in day activities, such as
vocational training, sheltered workshops or regular employment. A Community
Living Facility shall not be a nursing or medical facility and shall house no
more than 20 residents, excluding staff.
(5) "Department" means the Department of Public Health.
(6) "Director" means the Director of the Department of Public Health.
(7) "Habilitation plan" means a written plan as defined in the "Mental
Health and Developmental Disabilities Code of 1979", as now or hereafter
(8) "License" means any of the following types of licenses issued to an
applicant or licensee by the Department:
(a) "Probationary license" means a license issued to
(9) "Licensee" means a person, agency, association, corporation,
partnership, or organization which has been issued a license to operate a
Community Living Facility.
(10) "Owner" means the individual, partnership, corporation, association
or other person who owns a Community Living Facility. In the event a
Community Living Facility is operated by a person who leases the physical
plant, which is owned by another person, "owner" means the person who operates
the Community Living Facility, except that if the person who owns the physical
plant is an affiliate of the person who operates the Community Living Facility
and has significant control over the day-to-day operations of the Community
Living Facility, the person who owns the physical plant shall incur jointly and
severally with the owner all liabilities imposed on an owner under this Act.
(11) "Plan of correction" means a written plan submitted to the Department
for violation of this Act or of rules promulgated hereunder which are cited
by the Department. The plan shall describe the steps that will be taken
in order to bring the Community Living Facility into compliance and the
time-frame for completion of each step.
(12) "Qualified surveyor" means any individual or any governmental agency
designated by the Department to survey Community Living Facilities for
compliance with this Act and the rules and regulations promulgated under this
(13) "Resident" means a person residing in a Community Living Facility
pursuant to this Act.
(14) "Support services" means those services provided to residents in
order to facilitate their integration into the community and to improve
their level of functioning, independence and self-respect.
(Source: P.A. 88-380.)