(210 ILCS 3/25)
The Department shall have the
responsibilities set forth in this Section.
(a) The Department shall adopt rules for each alternative health care model
authorized under this Act that shall include but not be limited to the
(1) Further definition of the alternative health care
(2) The definition and scope of the demonstration
program, including the implementation date and period of operation, not to exceed 5 years.
(3) License application information required by the
(4) The care of patients in the alternative health
(5) Rights afforded to patients of the alternative
(6) Physical plant requirements.
(7) License application and renewal fees, which may
cover the cost of administering the demonstration program.
(8) Information that may be necessary for the Board
and the Department to monitor and evaluate the alternative health care model demonstration program.
(9) Administrative fines that may be assessed by the
Department for violations of this Act or the rules adopted under this Act.
(b) The Department shall issue, renew, deny, suspend, or revoke licenses for
alternative health care models.
(c) The Department shall perform licensure inspections of alternative health
care models as deemed necessary by the Department to ensure compliance with
this Act or rules.
(d) The Department shall deposit application fees, renewal fees, and fines
into the Regulatory Evaluation and Basic Enforcement Fund.
(e) The Department shall assist the Board in performing the
responsibilities under this Act.
(Source: P.A. 96-669, eff. 8-25-09.)