(205 ILCS 645/9) (from Ch. 17, par. 2716)
    Sec. 9. Registered office and agent. Each foreign banking corporation authorized to establish and maintain a banking office shall have and continuously maintain:
    (a) a registered office in Illinois which may be, but need not be, the same as its place of business; and
    (b) a registered agent, which agent may be either an individual, resident in this State, whose business office is identical with such registered office, or a corporation authorized to transact business in this State having a business office identical with such registered office.
    A registered agent may at any time vacate his office as registered agent by filing in the office of the Commissioner a statement setting forth his resignation and the effective date thereof, which shall not be less than 60 days nor more than 90 days after the date of filing. A copy of the statement shall be served on the foreign banking corporation by the registered agent so resigning by registered or certified mail addressed to such foreign banking corporation at its principal office as such is known to such resigning agent and directed to the attention of the secretary or other comparable officer of such corporation within 5 days after the date of filing.
    A foreign banking corporation may from time to time change the address of its registered office; and shall change its registered agent if the office of the registered agent becomes vacant for any reason or if its registered agent becomes disqualified or incapacitated to act, or if it revokes the appointment of its registered agent. Any such change of registered office or registered agent may be effected by filing in the office of the Commissioner duplicate originals of a statement setting forth the details with respect to such change and the effective date thereof. The Commissioner shall endorse on each of such duplicate originals the word "Filed" and the date of filing thereof, and file in his office one of such duplicate originals. He shall return the other duplicate original to the foreign banking corporation or its representative.
(Source: P.A. 89-208, eff. 6-1-97; 90-301, eff. 8-1-97.)