(110 ILCS 148/30)
Competency-based, high school graduation requirements pilot program statewide supports.
Subject to the availability of public or private resources, to support school district participation in the pilot program established under Section 20 of this Act and development of competency-based graduation requirements, ISBE shall provide or support the provision of:
(1) grants to school districts participating in the
pilot program to offset the costs of educator training and initial implementation;
(2) technical assistance and professional
development for pilot program plan implementation, including, but not limited to, peer-to-peer coaching models;
(3) an evaluation of the pilot program, with a
report of successes and challenges, objective outcome measures, qualitative measures of implementation, and recommendations for further program modification and improvement;
(4) networking opportunities for participating
school districts, including opportunities for both administrators and teachers;
(5) a web-based library of pilot program
implementation plans and models supporting future replication activities; and
(6) communication materials and supports for
stakeholder engagement in the development and implementation of competency-based learning systems.
(Source: P.A. 99-674, eff. 7-29-16.)