(110 ILCS 58/15)
The purpose of this Act is to accomplish all of the following:
(1) Further identify students with mental health
needs and connect them to services.
(2) Increase access to support services on college
(3) Increase access to clinical mental health
services on college campuses and in the surrounding communities for college students.
(4) Empower students through peer-to-peer support and
training on identifying mental health needs and resources.
(5) Reduce administrative policies that put an undue
burden on students seeking leave for their mental health conditions through technical assistance and training.
(Source: P.A. 101-251, eff. 7-1-20