(105 ILCS 85/30)
This Act does not do any of the following:
(1) Limit the authority of a law enforcement agency
to obtain any content or information from an operator as authorized by law or under a court order.
(2) Limit the ability of an operator to use student
data, including covered information, for adaptive learning or customized student learning purposes.
(3) Apply to general audience Internet websites,
general audience online services, general audience online applications, or general audience mobile applications, even if login credentials created for an operator's site, service, or application may be used to access those general audience sites, services, or applications.
(4) Limit service providers from providing Internet
connectivity to schools or students and their families.
(5) Prohibit an operator of an Internet website,
online service, online application, or mobile application from marketing educational products directly to parents if the marketing did not result from the use of covered information obtained by the operator through the provision of services covered under this Act.
(6) Impose a duty upon a provider of an electronic
store, gateway, marketplace, or other means of purchasing or downloading software or applications to review or enforce compliance with this Act on those applications or software.
(7) Impose a duty upon a provider of an interactive
computer service to review or enforce compliance with this Act by third-party content providers.
(8) Prohibit students from downloading, exporting,
transferring, saving, or maintaining their own student data or documents.
(9) Supersede the federal Family Educational Rights
and Privacy Act of 1974, the Illinois School Student Records Act, or any rules adopted pursuant to those Acts.
(10) Prohibit an operator or school from producing
and distributing, free or for consideration, student class photos and yearbooks to the school, students, parents, or individuals authorized by parents and to no others, in accordance with the terms of a written agreement between the operator and the school.
(Source: P.A. 100-315, eff. 8-24-17; 101-516, eff. 7-1-21