(105 ILCS 5/1A-2.1)
(from Ch. 122, par. 1A-2.1)
The Governor may remove for incompetence, neglect of duty, or malfeasance in office any member of the State Board of Education. A vacancy also exists on the State Board of
Education when one or more of the following events occur:
1. A member dies.
2. A member files a written resignation with the
3. A member is adjudicated to be a person under
legal disability under the Probate Act of 1975 or a person subject to involuntary admission under the Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Code.
4. A member ceases to be a resident of the region
from which he or she was appointed.
5. A member is convicted of an infamous crime or of
any offense involving a violation of his or her duties under this Code.
6. A member fails to maintain the qualifications
stated in Sections 1A-1 and 1A-2 of this Code.
(Source: P.A. 100-1135, eff. 11-28-18.)