(105 ILCS 5/14-1.09.2)
School Social Work Services.
public schools, social work services may be provided by qualified specialists
who hold a Professional Educator License with a school support personnel endorsement in the area of school social worker under Section 21B-25 of this Code.
School social work services may include, but are not limited to:
(1) Identifying students in need of special education
services by conducting a social-developmental study in a case study evaluation;
(2) Developing and implementing comprehensive
interventions with students, parents, and teachers that will enhance student adjustment to, and performance in, the school setting;
(3) Consulting and collaborating with teachers and
other school personnel regarding behavior management and intervention plans and inclusion in support of special education students in regular classroom settings;
(4) Counseling with students, parents, and teachers
in accordance with the rules and regulations governing provision of related services, provided that parent permission must be obtained in writing before a student participates in a group counseling session;
(5) Acting as a liaison between the public schools
(6) Developing and implementing school-based
prevention programs, including mediation and violence prevention, implementing social and emotional education programs and services, and establishing and implementing bullying prevention and intervention programs;
(7) Providing crisis intervention within the school
(8) Supervising school social work interns enrolled
in school social work programs that meet the standards established by the State Board of Education;
(9) Providing parent education and counseling as
appropriate in relation to the child's educational assessment;
(10) Assisting in completing a functional behavioral
assessment, as well as assisting in the development of nonaversive behavioral intervention strategies; and
(11) Evaluating program effectiveness.
Nothing in this Section prohibits other licensed professionals from
providing any of the services listed in this Section for which
they are appropriately trained.
(Source: P.A. 102-894, eff. 5-20-22.)