(70 ILCS 605/1-6) (from Ch. 42, par. 1-6)
    Sec. 1-6. Transfer of jurisdiction over and records of existing districts. Within one year after the effective date of this Act the commissioners of each district organized under any prior law by any method other than by an order of the circuit court shall file a report with the circuit court of the county in which the district is deemed organized. The report shall set forth in so far as possible (a) the name of the district, (b) the date and manner in which the district was organized, (c) the act under which the district was organized, (d) the boundaries of the district or a description of the lands and other property included in the district and (e) the drains, levees and other works constituting the drainage system of the district. If any such district was organized in the circuit court of any county then any of the matters required to be set forth in such report by items (c) and (d) above may be shown in such report by proper reference to the book and page of the records of the circuit court by which the district was organized. The report may be combined with a petition for authority to do or perform any of the acts authorized by this Act and shall be accompanied by a current financial report. Upon being filed with the court the report shall be presented to the court, which shall fix the day and hour that the report shall be heard. The clerk shall give notice of the hearing substantially in the form hereinafter provided in Section 4-21 and in the manner and for the length of time provided in Section 4-22. At the hearing any person interested may appear and be heard. Upon the conclusion of the hearing the court may approve, modify, or disapprove the report either in its original form or as modified and thereafter all proceedings in such district shall be had in such court in the same manner as though the district had been organized under this Act. If the commissioners of such a district fail to so report to the court within one year after the effective date of this Act, then any owner of land within the district or other person interested therein may file such a report or petition the court for an order directing the commissioners to file such a report, which petition may be heard on such notice as the court may direct. If any commissioners fail to file such a report after being ordered to do so by the court, then the court may remove them or proceed against them as being in contempt of court.
(Source: Laws 1965, p. 678.)